Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Strength

You wanna know why I come off as passive aggressive? When I feel like I'm being forced into a masculine role that I'm not comfortable being in I don't know how to stick up for myself. Masculine strength is something that has harmed so many of the women in my life. including me. It has taken being around people who let me be who I am (yes a soft butch but also a WOMAN) to realize that that's the part of me that I really draw strength from. I HATE that because I come off as butch my strength can only be seen as coming from masculinity. Since when does femme not mean strength, a strength that, unlike masculinity, will continue to both stand on its own and bolster others. Women may be victimized but we are not victims; we refuse to be. I'd rather die than ever make someone feel the way I have been made to feel by masculine strength and pride. So until I can be what I have always been, something in between, I will be silenced by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment